CHECK-IN – INSTRUCTIONS APPLICABLE FOR ACADEMIC YEAR 2023/2024
Check-in for accommodation is from September 04, 2023. We are closed on weekends and holidays on September 01, 2023, and September 15, 2023.
Students can only be accommodated in the bed assigned to them in the e-accommodation system or upon supplementary application. Arbitrarily moving from the allocated room to another room is sanctioned with a contractual penalty of € 100.00. Switches will only be possible within the framework of relocation from October 02, 2023. A student cannot be accommodated by another person, even on the basis of a power of attorney. Students are obliged to follow the instructions of the employees of the CU Mlyny during the accommodation process.
The accommodation department can be found:
- on the ground floor in the high-rise building ("Šturák") for Manželáky and VBB – Šturák
- on the ground floor of the ADT block for accommodation in the Átriové domky.
1. PAYMENT OF THE DEPOSIT
According to the Internal Regulation No. 26/2023 - Directive of the Rector of CU in Bratislava, each student is obliged to pay a deposit of € 100. The deposit serves to secure any claims of the accommodation facility of the CU towards the student.
If the Accommodation Contract is concluded for a period of 10 months, the student has the option of paying the deposit in 2 instalments:
- The first instalment of the deposit of € 50 is to be paid by continuing students (i.e., all students except newly admitted students who have already paid the first instalment of the deposit) together with the payment of the accommodation fee for the month of September 2023. The deposit must be credited to the account of CU Mlyny by August 22, 2023.
- The second instalment of the deposit in the amount of € 50 is to be paid by the student together with the price of accommodation for the month of February 2024. The deposit must be credited to the account of CU Mlyny no later than January 31, 2024.
If the deposit and the accommodation price of the applicant for the month of September is not credited to the account of the CU Mlyny by August 22, 2023, the student will lose the right to the accommodation assigned to him/her at the CU Mlyny.
After the proper handover of the accommodation premises - at the end of the accommodation and payment of all contractual obligations to the accommodation provider (accommodation fee, contractual penalties, damages, etc.) the deposit will be refunded by bank transfer to the account of the accommodated student.
2. PAYMENT OF THE ACCOMMODATION FEE
According to the Accommodation Schedule for the academic year 2023/24, the student is obliged to pay the accommodation fee for the month of September 2023 so that the payment is credited to the account of CU Mlyny by August 22, 2023. Otherwise, the student loses the right to the allocated accommodation at CU Mlyny.
The student will pay the accommodation fee for the months of October - June according to the due date specified in the accommodation contract and on the CU Mlyny website. The the accommodation fee amount is set according to the valid price list of student accommodation available on the CU Mlyny website.
3. PAYMENT METHOD
Payments can only be made by bank transfer to the account number:
IBAN: SK41 8180 0000 0070 0067 1703, SWIFT (BIC): SPSRSKBA
Bank transfer can take several days, so we recommend sending the deposit and the accommodation fee as soon as you receive notification of your accommodation allocation, exactly as instructed in the notification.
The student's UPN (university personal number) should be indicated as the variable symbol. Otherwise, the payment will not be accounted for and will be considered unpaid.
For students from other universities, the number generated at website should be indicated as the variable symbol.
NOTE: The student who will be assigned accommodation additionally will pay according to the instructions of CU Mlyny.
4. CHECK-IN DATES
A student who has been allocated accommodation and has paid the deposit and the accommodation fee for the month of September by the due date may be accommodated on weekdays from September 04, 2023 to September 29, 2023 after booking a date for check-in via reservation system (students will receive link to the reservation system on e-mail address).
Opening hours of the accommodation department:
Monday - Friday 07:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
September 01, 2023 (public holiday) - closed
September 15, 2023 (public holiday) – closed
A student who has paid the deposit and the accommodation fee for the month of September by the due date, but does not check in by September 29, 2023, will lose the right to the assigned bed and the accommodation fee will not be refunded unless the student notifies the cancellation of the assigned accommodation by email from the university email account to email@example.com by September 1, 2023.
If the student is interested in check-in in October, he/she is obliged to inform about this fact by email from the university email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org by September 25, 2023 and to pay the accommodation fee for the month of October so that the payment is credited to the account of the CU Mlyny no later than September 29, 2023.
5. ACCOMMODATION PROCESS
The student will come to the accommodation department according to the block in which he/she has been allocated accommodation:
- on the ground floor in the high-rise building VBB ("Šturák") for Manželáky and Šturák - offices 2, 3, 4
- on the ground floor of the block ADT for accommodation in the Átriové domky - offices 2 and 4
- for blocks ADA, ADB, ADC, ADD, ADE, ADF, ADG, ADJ – office no. 2 at the block ADT
- for blocks ADH, ADK, ADL, ADM, ADN, ADO, ADP, ADR, ADS a ADT – office. 3 at the block ADT
For the accommodation process it is necessary to have:
- Valid ID card (passport for international students),
- ISIC student card (not valid for students who have not yet been issued one),
- electronically signed contract (the contract is signed by the CU student in the system and student of other university in website), from 2 October, 2023, contracts will be printed and signed directly at the accommodation department.
The student will receive the keys to the assigned room at the accommodation department and, if he/she has not yet been issued an ISIC card, also a white entrance card.
If a student is interested in dormitory bed linen, he/she can pick it up in the bed linen warehouse (in the basement of the high-rise building "Šturák") during weekdays from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
6. OTHER STUDENT OBLIGATIONS
- enter your IBAN bank account number via the web portal. CU students will use access details identical to those used to access the AiS 2 system to log in to the interface. Students of other universities log in via the link using their last name with accents and a capitalized first letter and a password that is their birth number.
- to get acquainted with the provisions of the Dormitory Rules and Regulations of CU Mlyny,
- immediately after receiving the keys, check the inventory in the accommodation unit/room according to the inventory list located in the accommodation unit/room. Missing inventory, technical or hygienic deficiencies must be reported by the resident within 2 calendar days after receiving the keys to the accommodation unit / room to the following email address email@example.com (applies to technical room deficiencies) and firstname.lastname@example.org (applies to inventory and hygiene),
- If the resident is not a student of Comenius University in Bratislava, he/she shall report the change of permanent address to the accommodation department. If the resident is a student of Comenius University in Bratislava and has changed his/her permanent address, it is necessary to update this information as soon as possible at the study department of the respective faculty.
- Residents can update their mobile number or email themselves via the E-wallet.
7. CANCELLATION OF ACCOMMODATION RESERVATION
A student cannot give up a reserved bed to another student of his/her choice (the vacant bed will be allocated by the accommodation department to students who have submitted a supplementary application). Substitutes will not be accepted until all applicants have been accommodated (we will inform about the obligation and possibility of substitution).
If the student does not pay the accommodation fee and the deposit payment within the specified deadlines, the student's entitlement to the allocated accommodation will cease.
Cancellation of the reserved bed must be reported from the university email address to email@example.com by September 1, 2023. In this case, the accommodation fee will be refunded to the student's account entered via e-wallet. Deposits of newly admitted students are non-refundable in case of cancellation.
8. PERSONAL APPLIANCES
The new terms and conditions for the use of personal electrical appliances at CU Mlyny can be found on our website.
9. INFORMATION FOR INCOMING E+ STUDENTS OR OTHER MOBILITY PROGRAMME
Students of Erasmus+ and other mobility programmes will check in at the office no. 2, in the high-rise building "Šturák".
10. INFORMATION FOR OUTGOING ERASMUS+ STUDENTS
Instructions for students going on the Erasmus+ in the winter semester can be found on our website.