Check-ins – instructions valid for the academic year 2020/2021
According to the internal regulation No. 18/2018 – is every student who is accommodated in the accommodation facility of the Comenius University obliged to pay a deposit of 100 € as a guarantee of payment of contractual obligations at the end of the contractual relationship with the accommodation facility of the Comenius University.
If the Accommodation Contract is signed for a period of 10 months, the student has the option of paying the deposit in 2 installments:
- the first installment of the deposit in the amount of 50 € is paid together with the price for accommodation for the month of September 2020. The deposit must be transferred to the account of VM Ľ. Štúra - Mlyny UK no later than by August 20th, 2020.
- the second installment of the deposit in the amount of 50 € is paid together with the price for accommodation for the month of February 2021. The deposit must be transferred to the account of VM Ľ. Štúra - Mlyny UK no later than by January 20th, 2021.
If the Accommodation Contract is signed for a period shorter than 10 months, the student is obliged to pay a deposit of € 100 in one installment at the check-in.
If the student does not pay the first installment of the deposit by the specified date, they loose the right to the allocated room at VM Ľ. Stura - Mlyny UK.
After the proper check-out the deposit will be returned by bank transfer to the account of the accommodated student.
According to the Internal Regulation No. 18/2018 - Order of the Rector of the Comenius University in Bratislava - the student is obliged to pay the accommodation fee for the month of September 2020 by August 20, 2020th.
If the student does not pay this fee within the set deadline, they loose the right to the allocated accommodation in VM Ľ. Štúra - Mlyny UK.
Payment is considered made when the accommodation fee is transferred to the account of VM Ľ. Štúra - Mlyny UK .
The student shall pay the accommodation fee for the months of October - June (for "MI A, B, C, D" as well as July and August) according to the due date specified in the Accommodation Contract and in the price list.
A student who has been allocated accommodation and paid the deposit and the rent for the month of September can check-in during working days from September, 1st 2020 to September, 30th 2020:
Monday - Sunday 8:00 am- 4:00 pm.
15/9/2020 (holiday) - closed
A student who does not check-in by September 30, 2020, loses the right for allocated bed. If the student needs to check-in in October, they are obliged to pay the deposit and the accommodation fee for September and October in one installment by the specified date.
Payments can only be made by bank transfer to the account number:
IBAN: SK28 8180 0000 0070 0008 4699, SWIFT (BIC): SPSRSKBA
As a variable symbol it is necessary to state the UPN (university personal number) of the student. Otherwise, the payment will not be assigned correctly and will be considered as unpaid.
For students of universities other than the Comenius University, it is necessary to state as a variable symbol the generated number listed at https://konto.uniba.sk/bnlogin.aspx
NOTE: A student who will have accommodation allocated additionally, must follow the instructions of payment sent by the Accommodation department VM Ľ. Štúra – Mlyny.
Since the incubation period of the new coronavirus is estimated at two weeks, each student will submit a declaration of honour (.pdf, 83 kB) or a declaration of honour for persons coming from high-risk countries/regions (.pdf, 83 kB) when checking-in. Your preparation for the accommodation process thus begins two weeks before check-in (by taking over the room key and signing the accommodation contract).
In the solemn declaration you sign:
- that you do not express any symptoms of a viral infectious disease in the last 14 days (eg fever, cough, difficulty breathing, muscle pain, headache, tiredness, malaise, sudden loss of taste and / or smell, etc.),
- that you are unaware that you have come into contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is suspected of having the disease in the last 14 days
- that you have not visited a country / area in the last 14 days which, in accordance with the current measure of the Public Health Office of the Slovak Republic, is marked as risky; OR if you have visited such a country, you were self-isolated for 14 days after arriving to the Slovak Republic and that you have proceeded in accordance ith the valid measures of the Public Health Authority of the Slovak Republic,
- that you have not participated in mass events with more than 100 people or events with international participation in the last 14 days,
- that for the last 14 days you were not obliged to remain in home isolation (quarantine).
Students who take part in the accommodation process are obliged to follow the instructions of the accommodation facility and its staff.
Entry, as well as any presence in the premisses of the accommodation facility, will be strictly allowed only with the usage of a face-mask.
At the entrance the guest is obliged to disinfect their hands.
In the queues, students and residents are required to keep a distance of at least 2 meters.
The accommodation process (check-in) will be divided into 4 locations. The student will check-in at a the check-in points of the block they are accommodated at (does not apply to UJOP students, or mobility exchange programs, who need to check in at the office No. 2 of the VBB block).
- VB- accommodation department
- gatehouse Atrium houses AD- A (upper gatehouse) - blocks A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J and L
- gatehouse Atrium houses AD- R (lower gatehouse) - blocks H, K, M, N, O, P, R, S and T
- gatehouse MI
From September, 21st 2020 the check-in points will be canceled and accommodation will take place exclusively at the accommodation department.
During the check-in it is necessary to bring:
- valid ID card (foreign students passport),
- ISIC student card (does not apply to students who have not yet been issued),
- printed last page of the Accommodation Contract - "statement of the accommodated person",
- signed declaration of honour (.pdf, 83 kB) OR declaration of honour for persons coming from high-risk countries or regions (.pdf, 83 kB),
- students coming from high-risk countries / areas, in accordance with the valid measure of the ÚVZ SR, are obliged to prove a negative test result for COVID-19 after spending the home isolation outside of the dormitory
- your own pen.
According to the current measures of the ÚVZ SR, students coming from the high-risk countries / areas are obliged to complete home isolation immediately upon arrival in the Slovak Republic and take the COVID-19 test on the fifth day after arrival the earliest.
Home isolation is mandatory and cannot be spent in the premises of the Vysokoškolské mesto Ľ. Stura - Mlyny UK.
Entry to the accommodation facilities will be permitted only for those students with the confirmation that they were registered at the ÚVZ SR after arriving from abroad (or using the form via the website korona.gov.sk) and the confirmation of a negative test made in the Slovak Republic, not older than 7 days. Foreign tests for COVID-19 will not be accepted.
The student will receive the keys to the assigned room.
The student cannot be accommodated by another person with authorization/delegation letter.
Family members accompanying the student will not be allowed to enter the accommodation facilities.
If a student is interested in borrowing bed linen (bedsheets), they can pick it up in the bed linen warehouse between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm. During the accommodation process, the side entrance to the warehouse will be accessible and will be marked with signposts.
Before check-in every student shall:
- enter your bank account number in the form of IBAN via https://konto.uniba.sk/. Log in to the account in the same way as in AiS2. Students of universities other than CU shall use https://konto.uniba.sk/bnlogin.aspx,
- get acquainted with the Dormitory Code of VM Ľ. Štúra – Mlyny UK
- register for a temporary stay at the Local Office Karlova Ves within 10 days after the date of arrival at the accommodation. At the accommodation department, the student will pick up the necessary form. (Does not apply to students who still have a valid temporary permit at VM Ľ. Štúra - Mlyny).
Each guest is obliged to check the inventory list in the room within 3 working days after check-in. The accommodated person is obliged to report the missing inventory and hygienic deficiencies in person at the dispatching office on working days from 7:00 am. until 15:00 or to the email address mlyny.udrzbauniba.sk (applies to technical issues in the room) and mlyny.hospodarskeuniba.sk (applies to inventory and hygiene).
If the accommodated person is a student of Comenius University in Bratislava and has changed the address of his / her permanent residence, it is necessary to update this information as soon as possible at the study department of the relevant faculty.
If the accommodated person is not a student of Comenius University in Bratislava, they shall report the change of the permanent residence at the accommodation department.
The change of a cell phone number or e-mail can be made via the e-wallet at https://moja.uniba.sk/.
If you have any questions about the accommodation process regarding the allocation of rooms, please contact the authorized person (faculty clerk) at your faculty. VM Ľ. Štúra - Mlyny has no competence to intervene in this process or to influence it in any way.