Site learning and leaving dormitories
We would like to thank to all those of you, who have helped us with your responsible approach in our efforts to keep the dormitories open for as long as possible. However, given the circumstances and the development of the situation in recent days, as well as based on the previous experience from the dormitory of the Jessenius Faculty of Medicine in Martin, Comenius University, unfortunately, we predict a fundamental deterioration of the situation at the Bratislava dormitories, as well. Courses at Comenius University will take place remotely/online from the 5th of October the latest.
Exactly for this reason, we offer you the possibility to leave the dormitory voluntarily, planned and on favorable terms. Until Monday, October 5th, 2020, you can sign the Amendment to the Accommodation Contract, thanks to which you do not have to leave completely - you can leave things inside the room, we will keep your bed for you until it is safe to return. In addition, you will receive a 100% discount of rent for the months of November and December.
- Please, take from the room all the things you need for your studies, everyday life, as well as valuables e.g. flowers or pets.
- Empty the refrigerator and remove all perishable meals. The dormitory may not be open for several months.
- From 28.9. to 5.10. 2020, the accommodation department is open from 8:00 to 16:00. even during the weekend.
- Prepare your own pen, ISIC card and ID card.
- The Amendment of the contract will be printed for you at the Accommodation Department at the VB block. The entire administrative procedure also takes place in here.
- Along with the signed Amendment, you shall hand over the room key or the Salto (white) passcard.
- After signing the Amendment and handing over the key, you cannot use the accommodation or the services offered by the dormitory anymore until further notice.
Authorized person/Delegation letter:
- If you do not have the opportunity to come for your stuff and finish this procedure in person, an authorized person may sign the Amendment of the Accommodation Contract and hand over the keys for you. We will only accept officially certified delegation letters signed by a notary.
If you are no longer interested in using services at our dormitory in the academic year 2020/21, you have the opportunity to terminate the Accommodation Agreement. Please note, that in case the University returns to full-time present studies and the dormitory reopens, you are no longer entitled to the bed you have been allocated, and we do not guarantee you the opportunity to return to the dormitory this academic year.
Dear residents, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of this option to voluntarily leave the accommodation facilities under favorable conditions while there is still time. It is probable, that in the continuation of current trends we will have to either close the dormitory completely and ask all the residents to leave, or in case of uncontrollable community spread, the RÚVZ (The Public Health Authority) will declare quarantine at the dormitories.